In the battle of the bulge, knowing how to lose weight walking makes a lot of sense. After all, walking helps you lose weight, improve blood circulation, improves your posture and helps you lose belly fat.
A fast walk can burn up to 400 calories in 1 hour! This means that an individual can lose up to 1 pound per week with this exercise alone.
When walking regularly, along with a low calorie diet prescribed by a nutritionist, weight loss promoted by walking can be even greater. Individuals may lose between 1 to 4 pounds per week.
But walking also has other health benefits such as
- reducing cholesterol
- increasing bone mass
- reducing the risk of diabetes.
Likewise, walking is indicated for individuals of any age and physical condition, as long as their limitations are respected.
Tips On How lose weight walking
If the goal of walking is to lose weight, it is important to follow some recommendations such as:
- Pay attention to your breathing during the walk , inspiring through the nose and expiring through the mouth at a natural rhythm, this is in order for the body to receive the oxygen it needs;
- Walk at least 30 minutes daily or 1 hour 3 times a week, maintaining this activity regularly;
- Vary the intensity and speed of the walk;
- Avoid always walking the same route so it doesn’t feel monotonous. Although treadmills are fine, a good strategy is to walk outdoors every so often. This is because it increases energy levels and allows the body to burn more calories;
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for physical activity;
- During the walk it is important to make the whole body work this is achieved by moving the arms according to the steps, contracting the abdomen and keeping the tips of the feet a little high;
- It is important during the walk to drink water to stay hydrated. You can find some of the latest water bottles for maximum hydration here
Some of the best ways to lose walking actually occur before you even start. For example, you should always perform some type of warm-up exercises beforehand. Why is warm up important? When you do this it prepares the muscles for physical activity. Essentially, you’re helping your body avoid injuries while improving performance.
Warming up should be done dynamically and progressively. These warm up exercises are similar to the ones you do when training, but in less intense. For example, to warm up the legs, you could do small jumps in one spot.
After the activity, it is important to stretch the muscles to decrease the risk of cramps and lessen the concentration of lactic acid in the muscles.
Discover the 8 benefits of walking for health
What to eat to increase weight loss
Now you have some idea how to lose weight walking, it’s vital you know how to eat. If you want to promote weight loss, focus on a diet rich in fiber, fruits, vegetables, whole foods and seeds such as chia and linseed. In addition to this, it is recommended to reduce the consumption of fats and sugars such as industrialized products, sweets, soft drinks, fast food, frozen food and sausages.
During the walk drink water to stay hydrated, and after you’re done, have a small snack with carbohydrates and proteins such as eating a low-fat yogurt with 4 cookies or drinking a natural fruit juice with wholemeal bread and cheese.
See in the video below for tips to lose belly fat besides walking: